One of the greatest men I have ever known, rejoined his eternal companion and love of his life this morning. He served his country in WWII where he was injured and also captured and held prisoner. Just recently he received his purple heart which was so important to him. I think that had to be one of the best days he had had in a long time. I am so grateful for the memory of that day. He was the hardest worker and a great example. He has been such a strength to our family. Last weekend, as a family, we had the chance to head out to St. John and spend some time with my Grandpa at his home. I am so grateful that I had that opportunity, although it was very hard seeing this once strong, healthy, and full of life man just laying in bed totally helpless. I am so glad I had a chance to tell him how much I loved him and what he truly meant to me and my family. I was able to sit by his bedside for a while holding his hand and talking with him. When it was time to go home it was very hard wanting to leave because somehow I knew that it would be the last time I would see him before he died.Sunday, July 5, 2009
GRANDPA SAGERS
One of the greatest men I have ever known, rejoined his eternal companion and love of his life this morning. He served his country in WWII where he was injured and also captured and held prisoner. Just recently he received his purple heart which was so important to him. I think that had to be one of the best days he had had in a long time. I am so grateful for the memory of that day. He was the hardest worker and a great example. He has been such a strength to our family. Last weekend, as a family, we had the chance to head out to St. John and spend some time with my Grandpa at his home. I am so grateful that I had that opportunity, although it was very hard seeing this once strong, healthy, and full of life man just laying in bed totally helpless. I am so glad I had a chance to tell him how much I loved him and what he truly meant to me and my family. I was able to sit by his bedside for a while holding his hand and talking with him. When it was time to go home it was very hard wanting to leave because somehow I knew that it would be the last time I would see him before he died.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Amanda
- I love being a mom. My kids are my world. I love the sweet spirit they bring into our home. Alan and I have been married for 11 years, I can't believe it has been that long. It seems like no time has past at all. I am truly grateful that I married my best friend. He is my rock!!! My kids are so amazing, they teach me new things every single day. As for my hobbies I love to scrapbook although I haven't done any since before Kade was born, I love to dance and seem to have passed that gene to my daughter. I love to sing when no one is around. I love when my house is clean and the laundry is done and I have nothing but time to just play and hang out with my children (this doesn't happen nearly enough). I love watching my kids discover new things and watching them play together. I am so very grateful for the life I have and the people I get to share it with.
3 comments:
I'm so sorry for you and your families loss!
I am sorry for your loss, your family is in my prayers. I am glad to hear that you just made the trip down to go see him, those memories will stay with you forever. Take care.
Sorry about your grandpa. I am glad I found your blog through Meg. So fun to catch up on long lost childhood friends. Your family is so super cute :)
Post a Comment