Monday, October 6, 2008

Papa and Princess pajama party



Okay so I'm a little behind on posting but on Friday September 26th we as a primary presidency decided to host a daddy/daughter party. We had so much fun planning and putting on this fun activity for the girls in our ward. We decided that we wanted as many girls there as possible so we included every girl 11 years old and under. The first thing the girls and their dad's did when they got there was sign their names on the castle wall. The girls of course signed Princess (insert name) and the dads signed King (insert name). After signing the wall it was on to dinner. We served little Caesars pizza and had Capri suns for the drinks. It was fun to see the girls interacting with their fathers, and was also cute to hear the fun little conversations they all were having with each other. After dinner we had all the girls make themselves crowns. The dad's got really into this. For the most part they were right next to their daughters helping them design their crowns. A few of the girls thought it would be fun to make their mom's crowns and give them to her when they got home. Once all their crowns were made it was time for the girls and their fathers to show off their PJ's and crowns on the red carpet. A few of the dad's really knew how to strut their stuff on the cat walk. We decided to play a little music for the red carpet, we couldn't help ourselves, we had to play "I'm to sexy." One father picked up his daughter and swung her around and around as he walked down the catwalk. Others did the classic model walk with a fun pose at the end. For the red carpet we got some red butcher paper taped it to the floor and outlined it with rope lighting. We took picture of all the girls with their dad's and are planning on printing them out and giving the girls the picture to remember this special night. After picture we moved on to our entertainment. We had the dad's sign up to do either a lip sync or a talent with their girls. We had so many dad's get up and have fun with their daughters. We had singing, dancing, cartwheels, sign language, piano playing, lip syncing, and much more. The talent show was a lot of fun and a huge success. We ended the night by giving out trophies to all the girls and having dessert. We made cakes for the girls that looked like their were girls sleeping in a bed. The cakes turned out so dang cute. We hope everyone who came had a wonderful night and made a lot of fun memories. I want to thank my presidency for all the time and effort they put into this activity. If it weren't for my presidency this night would definitely not have been possible. Thank you for all you gals do, you guys rock!!!

3 comments:

Brooke said...

Oh that almost makes me miss my Primary calling! But then I remember how stressful it was, and again add the word ALMOST!

Me said...

Hey Amanda! Thanks for the comment on facebook. I'm a much better blogger than facebooker, so this will be a fun way to stay in touch with you. Our blog is janklife.blogspot.com

We are doing well: I have one little boy, 20 months old, and we just found out we are due with another in May! Fun! See you!

Lynette said...

The pictures turned out so cute! I'm glad you posted them, I need to figure out the video quick! It was such a fun night! I really think it was magical! The girls had seemed so happy!

About Me

My photo
I love being a mom. My kids are my world. I love the sweet spirit they bring into our home. Alan and I have been married for 11 years, I can't believe it has been that long. It seems like no time has past at all. I am truly grateful that I married my best friend. He is my rock!!! My kids are so amazing, they teach me new things every single day. As for my hobbies I love to scrapbook although I haven't done any since before Kade was born, I love to dance and seem to have passed that gene to my daughter. I love to sing when no one is around. I love when my house is clean and the laundry is done and I have nothing but time to just play and hang out with my children (this doesn't happen nearly enough). I love watching my kids discover new things and watching them play together. I am so very grateful for the life I have and the people I get to share it with.